Knowledge Base Overview
The Knowledge Base is where all your organization’s knowledge lives. Here you are able to add and organize information, manage permissions for who can view which information, and manage which information is sent to which concierge.
To navigate to your Knowledge Base, click the lightbulb icon in the blue navigation bar and look to the side bar for your Knowledge Folders.
Filters enable Admins to display Exchanges by status, helping Admins quickly view, manage, or edit information.
You can filter Exchanges by the following status:
- New Exchanges - View all recently added Exchanges.
- Recently Updated - See recently updated Exchanges.
- Expiring Soon - View Exchanges that will expire within 30 days.
- Expired - View any Exchange that has expired.
- Single Variant - View Exchanges that contain only one inquiry with no variants
Admins use folders to help keep knowledge organized. Think about folders as a way to keep similar topics/subjects grouped together for quick access.
To create a new folder, click the blue “Add” button located on the top right of the screen and select the "Create Folder" option.
Note: The limit of Subfolders in the Knowledge Management system is 5 - there can be no more than 5 subfolders.
Once you have created and named your Folder, you can set which users and chatbots have access to the Knowledge in that Folder. To set Permissions for a Folder, click on the Permissions icon in the top right menu and select the Group(s) and Concierge(s) you wish to have access. Please refer to the Settings User Guide for more information about setting up Content Groups and Concierges.
Each instance of Capacity supports multiple knowledge bases which restrict and limit content editing access to specific internal teams. To ensure data integrity, we recommend each major department that is added to Capacity manage and maintain its own KB.
How to Add a New a KB
- Go to Knowledge Management
- Expand the left column and click on the [+] icon in the "Knowledge Base"
- Add a Name
- Select the Teams that will perform the edits
- NOTE: Team members will need to be of the appropriate role (E.g. Knowledge Manager") in order to see maintain a KB.
- Click "Add Teams and Create"
- Once your team has populated the KB with appropriate content, you can distribute this content for consumption by updating the content groups.
A Dialogue houses different types of Exchanges (Standard Exchange or Guided Conversation). Think of a Dialogue as a topic or subject. Exchanges contained in a dialogue will all be related to the same topic or subject. To create a new Dialogue, click the blue “Add” button located on the top right of the screen and select the “Create Dialogue” option.
To rename a Dialogue, navigate to the dialogue, then click on the three buttons on the fa right side on the top, then you should see an option to rename the dialogue.
The Knowledge Base contains an In-Page search that allows you to find any content located within the current page. The in-page search is represented by a magnifying glass icon located on the top right side of the screen next to the blue “Add” button.
You have the ability to view your Knowledge Base as a List or Tiles. To select your preferred view, click the open menu icon on the top right side of the screen next to the blue "Add" button.
Sites allow you to publish long-form content in the form of Knowledge Articles. If you have licensed Capacity Articles the Sites Library will appear in the left sidebar beneath your Knowledge Folders. Please refer to the Sites User Guide for more details.