Helpdesk Filters and Sorting
Helpdesk filters and sorting allows agents to find the tickets they need by filtering and sorting on fields and data related to the ticket. In this article we will walk through how to use filters and sorting in the Helpdesk.
How to sort in the Helpdesk
To sort the tickets you are viewing in the Helpdesk go to the top right hand corner and locate the sort button between the search and filter options. Clicking the sort button will reveal the options to sort by:
- Due Date
You also have the option to sort by either Ascending or Descending order by changing the radio option. Selecting a new option from the dropdown will automatically cause the Helpdesk to update with the new sorting order.
Search and access filters
Use the search field to search your Helpdesk tickets. Click the “Filter” button to open the new Helpdesk Filter dropdown.
Add new filter options
The new Filter UI starts with 4 default filter options, but more options are available. To add more filter options click the “More” button and select your choices. Options with selected filters will remain available until you click the “X” icon or deselect them from the more option.
Filter Helpdesk tickets
Choose options from the select dropdowns to filter your Helpdesk tickets.
You can reset or clear individual filters by clicking the “refresh” icon. Reset all filters by clicking the “Reset” button at the top.
Custom Field Filters
Custom field filters allow users to filter their tickets based on custom fields. To access a custom field filter open the same filter modal like normal. Select the more option and scroll to the bottom of the option box to find a list of custom fields to select. Select the desired custom fields and then filter like normal.
Custom field types include:
- Plain text
- All custom fields are visible regardless of project access.
- The text field filter uses “exact match” match search only.
- Filters behave the same as always.
- Within the selected filter, tickets that match any selected option will return in the ticket list (i.e. or operator)
- Tickets that match at least one of the selected options from all selected filters will return in the ticket list (i.e. and operator between filters)
- Numeric, Decimal, and Date filters all have the following operators
- Equals, Greater than (GT), Greater than or equal (GTE), Less than (LT), Less than or equal (LTE), Between