Capacity's ticket tasks help you keep the knowledge base up-to-date when resolving tickets so that the next time the question is asked the chatbot will provide the answer.
Most tickets will contain three tasks - Create New Knowledge, Map to Knowledge and Start a Workflow (available if you are utilizing the Workflow feature). Negative feedback tickets will include an additional task to Edit Knowledge. These options are visible on the right navigation panel below in Tasks, under Ticket Status.
In order to begin working on a ticket, first click into the ticket, then move the Ticket Status from To Do to In Progress. From there, a task can be selected.
Create New Knowledge
The Create New Knowledge task allows you to add the ticket inquiry along with the response to your Knowledge Base. This option should be selected when there is no content in the Knowledge Base that can appropriately respond to the ticket inquiry. Select Create New Knowledge from the list of tasks:
- New Inquiry: The ticket name automatically populates in this field. Edit or update the field with the inquiry which will be saved as a variant in your Knowledge Base.
- Inquiry Variants: Create inquiry variants by clicking on the plus icon. A dialogue box will appear where you can enter the inquiry. Note: Similar to adding variants within the Knowledge Base the best practice is to have 3-4 inquiry variants on each exchange to help Capacity understand all the different ways a user may ask a question.
- New Response: Create a new response to the inquiry above.
- Save To: Choose the dialogue where the new exchange will reside in the Knowledge Base.
- Expiration: Add an expiration date for time-specific information such as policies, special events or holiday information, etc.
- Autocomplete: If you would like the exchange hidden from view when the user is typing into the chatbot, toggle the button to the right, the default (green) means that the variant will show up in the chatbot if the user begins to type something that matches the inquiry.
- Reply to Asker: If the box is checked (default), your response will be automatically emailed to the ticket reporter if an email address was provided.
- Save to the KB: The exchange will be saved to the Knowledge Base. Don't forget to view the exchange in the Knowledge Base and add additional variants!
- Save local draft: The exchange will be saved as a draft for review later. Only you can view the draft.
Once a new exchange has been created and saved to the KB, move the Ticket Status from In Progress to Done.
Map to Knowledge
For tickets inquiries that can be mapped to an existing exchange in the Knowledge Base, select Map to Knowledge.
After selecting Map to Knowledge, a dropdown menu will appear and you can search for exchanges by folder and dialogue.
Alternatively, the search bar below allows you to search exchanges and guided conversations by keyword:
View the response by selecting +. You can then select Map to this exchange to add the inquiry as a variant to the selected exchange. Additionally if an email address was collected there is an option to paste to reply which inserts the response into the email reply so you can efficiently reply to the ticket reporter.
Once map to this exchange is selected, a box titled New Inquiry will appear with the ticket title auto-populated. You should edit the inquiry for grammar and spelling errors. You have the option to toggle Autocomplete on or off. Select Save to the KB to add the inquiry as a variant in your Knowledge Base.
Once the exchange has been saved to the KB, move the Ticket Status from In Progress to Done.
If a user gives a response a thumbs down, you can opt to generate a feedback ticket. The ticket will include the question that was asked and the response the user received:
Feedback tickets will include a ticket task to edit knowledge so that you can edit the response. Select edit knowledge and the exchange will appear:
Click into the response to edit:
After you make your updates, select save. The response is now updated in the Knowledge Base.
If the check box for "Reply to asker" is checked (default), the updated response will be sent to the ticket asker. Then select done and then mark the ticket as Done.